Monday, May 18, 2009

Day One at Green Man

Had my first day at Green Man yesterday. Pretty uneventful morning. Met the staff. Tom, Jeremy, and Enrico the Brewmaster. My jobs for the day were limited to stocking a van to go on a sales trip, and hauling malt sacks up a staircase. Later in the day, after I had travelled about looking for a job, I realized something about the country.

New Zealand seems to have a fairly large number of breweries per capita. There seems to be a well developed culture of producing interesting flavorful small batch beers. The beer drinking culture of the country, however, does not seem to be at the same level. I would imagine that as craft brewed beer becomes more plentiful that New Zealanders will catch on and start drinking more of the beer produced around the country.

Oh and I got a fair amount of free beer from the brewery. I will post reviews of the beer in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment